Fully Integrated Concept
MASCHINE is the tactile control center for your productions. Use it in your production or performance environment, and get the most out of both worlds: hardware playability and cutting-edge digital technology.
- With the fully integrated hardware you control every function and parameter of the software running on your computer, making your workflow super fast and smoothConvenient integration as a plug-in into any VST, AU or RTAS supported DAW
- Total recall of all parameters either in standalone mode or as a plug-in
- Browse and load all instrument and effect presets from KOMPLETE 8 directly from the hardware - use the 8 knobs to filter results to quickly get you to the sound you want
- Frequent software updates means MASCHINE continues to evolve to fit your production needs
The controller channels your creative impulses into total interaction with the software, offering an ultra-fast workflow, instant portability and a very high fun factor.
- Load your samples, effects and plug-ins and control them with the pads and knobs - there's no need to touch the computer's mouse or keyboard
- 16 highly-sensitive back-lit pads with velocity and after-touch
- 11 higher-than-MIDI-resolution rotary encoders for true analog feel and realtime multi-parameter tweaking
- 41 buttons for direct control of all software functions, combinable with a shift function to open up even more control possibilities
- Two 64 x 256 pixel backlit displays instantly find the information you need, even in the darkest club situation
- Bus powered hardware via USB 2.0, integrated MIDI I/O interface, plus Kensington lock
- Dimensions: 320 x 295 x 60 mm / 12.6 x 11.6 x 2.4"
- Weight: 1811 Grams / 4 lbs
Create rhythms, bass lines, chords and melodies easily, and then arrange them into complete tracks as you go via the powerful sequencer- directly controllable from dedicated buttons and knobs on the hardware.
- Two modes: XOX drum machine step sequencer and MPC-style live recording
- Clip-based concept for intuitive arrangement of your project into scenes and songs
- Classic groove box functions such as 16 velocity levels, swing (sounds, groups, global), pad-link, and note repeat
- Use one button and 8 knobs to automate sampler, effects or plug-in parameters simultaneously in real time
- Select and edit note events directly from the controller for efficient workflow
- MIDI In and Out for sequencing external soft- or hardware, or connecting an external MIDI keyboard for playing complex melodic ideas
MASCHINE is based on a high-performance sampler with tactile editing, allowing audio recording of internal or external sources, and precise sample playback.
- Sample-length and number of samples only limited by your computer's RAM capacity
- Polyphony up to 32 voices for each sound, with choke, legato and glide options
- Powerful slicing by transient detection, fixed grid or equal splits with automatic pad assignment
- Destructive sample editing (e.g. truncate, normalize, reverse, etc)
- Convenient import of own samples, REX2 files and MPC programs
- Vintage Sampling Modes emulating the sound of the MPC60 and/ SP1200
- Supports up to 24-bit/192kHz audio when using a high-quality audio interface like KOMPLETE AUDIO 6
Plug-In Hosting / Komplete 8 Integration
MASCHINE now hosts any VST or Audio Units plug-ins from either Native Instruments or any 3rd party manufacturer. The 1.7 update sees even greater integration with the new KOMPLETE 8, KOMPLETE 8 ULTIMATE and KOMPLETE ELEMENTS.
- Native support for the new 'NIS' NI sound format - browse and load the presets of all KOMPLETE 8 Instruments and Effects directly from MASCHINE's hardware browser
- One instrument and up to 4 effect plug-ins can be opened in each sound slot - 16 sound slots are available in each of the 8 groups
- Real auto-map: MASCHINE automatically maps the plug-in parameters to the controller knobs
- Get started using the new hosting possibility with the included REAKTOR, KONTAKT and GUITAR RIG PLAYER plug-ins and sounds from KOMPLETE ELEMENTS
Sample Library and Browser
A sophisticated and easy-to-use browser lets you tag your own imported samples and gives you instant access to any sound from the extensive MASCHINE library.
- Over 6 GB of sounds including 18,000 samples, 7,000 one-shots, 400 loops, 300 drum kits with 1,400 patterns, 388 sampled instruments, 170 FX/multi-FX presets, and 60 demo projects
- Contains multi-sampled acoustic instruments of all genres such as pianos, organs, strings, brass and much more
- Browse and load projects, patterns, kits, sounds and effects conveniently from the hardware, including all KOMPLETE 8 presets without touching your computer's keyboard or mouse
- Swap kits while keeping patterns: try out your beat with new sounds
MASCHINE's built-in effects section contains a powerful arsenal of studio-quality effects to shape and supercharge your sound.
- 22 high-quality effects - from standards such as reverbs, filters and EQs to creative tools like grain-delay, ice verb, freq shifter
- Convenient automation and editing of all parameters
- Chain up to four effects at once, or select a sampler or VST /AU instrument, followed by three chainable effects
- Easily use NI or 3rd party VST /AU effect plug-ins within MASCHINE, e.g GUITAR RIG PLAYER amps and effects
Produce the whole instrumental track in MASCHINE and then move it in seconds to your DAW for final arranging and mixing.
- As a plug-in, MASCHINE retains all of its capabilities including total recall and routing up to 16 stereo outs to your host's mixer
- Drag and drop of audio or MIDI files directly to DAW, or drag samples directly from your computer into MASCHINE's sound slots
- Export note events as MIDI files
- Import projects, REX files and MPC programs
- Group Macro Controls: Assign any parameter of the dedicated group (f.e. filter, envelope, any effect parameter) to the 8 knobs on the hardware or to your host sequencer for automation
- Instant navigation: Open several instances of MASCHINE in your host sequencer and easily switch between them using just one controller
- Add MASCHINE MIKRO to your setup in parallel with MASCHINE - for additional hands-on control of your DAW
- Conveniently bounce songs or individual patterns as 8, 16 and 24 Bit WAV files, or drag and drop them directly to your DAW