The #199 Lightweight Ankle Brace is one of our most popular laced ankle braces. It's the favorite of athletes, trainers and coaches to replace tape and help prevent common injuries. This reduced-weight breakthrough actually breathes for cooler comfort. Features 2 layers of nylon/vinyl mesh fabric, spring steel stays, padded hDc moisture management lining, notched front, elastic heel, elastic tongue and sewn-in arch support. Extremely durable and comfortable. Fits left or right ankle and any style shoe.
The 199 Lightweight Ankle Brace is one of McDavid's bestselling laced ankle braces, and is a favorite of athletes, trainers, and coaches to replace tape and help prevent common injuries. Reduced weight allows improved mobility, while proprietary padded HydraVent hDc Moisture Management material vents moisture while helping to keep you cool.
- Two layers of nylon and vinyl mesh fabric
- Spring steel stays
- Padded HydraVent hDc Moisture Management Technology in the lining
- Ventilated tongue
- Sewn-in arch support
- Fits left or right ankle
- Protection Level III
McDavid offers a range of sports medicine products based on protection and support levels. Each level provides soft tissue support through compression, and may promote healing through therapeutic heat.
Protection Level I, Primary:
- General purpose protection
- Minor pain, sprains, and instability
- Relief from arthritis, bursitis, and tendonitis
Protection Level II, Advanced:
- Minor to moderate protection
- Slight ligament instabilities or pain
- Offers more protection than simple sleeves
Protection Level III, Maximum:
- Ultimate in protection
- Moderate to major instabilities and pain
- Provides the maximum level of support
- XS: Men's size 6-7, women's size 7-8
- S: Men's size 8-9, women's size 9-10
- M: Men's size 9-11, women's size 10-12
- L: Men's size 11-13, women's size 12-14
- XL: Men's size 14+, women's size 15+
In 1969, Dr. Robert F. McDavid, operating out of a basement in Bellwood, Illinois, developed what became the first widely used lateral protective knee brace in football. Today, the company manufactures more than 400 products for athletes and active people of all ages, designed to help prevent injury while enhancing performance. The company is the most recommended brand of braces among sports medical professionals, and an industry leader in sports medical products and technical performance athletic wear.