Dark days are coming. All the myths, legends and conspiracies of the world are true. Three secret societies - the Illumunati, the Templar and the Dragon - are recruiting thousands of civilians from all over the world, civilians with extraordinary powers embedded in their DNA, to aid them in the war against darkness...and each other. The Secret World is a next-generation massively multiplayer online (MMO) role-playing game developed by Funcom and co-published by Electronic Arts.
The Secret World is a MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) set in a modern Earth environment, but incorporating a wealth of mythological, magic-based and urban legend elements into its action. Gameplay revolves around the struggle of good vs. evil, and is designed for in-depth and enjoyable play for all players, dispensing with traditional RPG levels and character classes. It instead utilizes a skill-based system for character building. Additional features include, a blend of real-life and imagined locations, a variety of secret societies to join, thousands of weapons and powers, and so on.
No standard character classes or levels equals ultimate freedom of RPG play.
Join forces in secret societies and loosely aligned personal guilds.
Unique MMO Play Set in the Our Modern-Day World
Imagine if every myth, conspiracy theory and urban legend was true. Imagine a world where vampires hunt for mortal blood in dingy London nightclubs, where werewolves lurk in the sewers beneath Seoul, and where the undead prey on the living in the shadows of New York City. Imagine a world where you can become anything you want to be, without restrictions such as classes or levels. This is the premise for The Secret World, Funcom's Massively Multiplayer Online RPG set in the modern-day real world.
Imagine a world where entire governments are swayed by the hidden hand and word of secret societies. In The Secret World you get to join these secret societies. The Illuminati, the Dragon and the Templars - each stand united in their war against the rising darkness, but divided in their pursuit for power. What secret society you choose to join will have profound, long-lasting effects on your gameplay experience.
Key Game Features
- No Classes. No Levels. Total Freedom of Play - The Secret World has no classes or levels. It gives you complete freedom to be whoever you want to be and play however you want to play.
- Real Locations Throughout the World - The Secret World allows you to adventure through your own, modern-day world. Explore cities and adventure through locations spanning across continents.
- Join a Secret Society and Fight for Your Side - Join one of three secret societies – the Illuminati, the Dragon or the Templars - and fight together or against other players for the power to control the world.
- A Storyline Unlike Anything Seen in an MMO - From creative mind of Ragnar Tørnquist -- creator of the award-winning The Longest Journey -- comes a story unlike any before seen in an MMO.
- Thousands of Weapons and Powers - Pistols, assault rifles, black magic, fireballs, katanas, explosives – there are hundreds of different weapons and powers to use.
Minimum System Requirements
- OS - Windows XP (SP 1) / Vista (SP 1) / Windows 7 (SP 1)
- Processor - 2.6 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
- RAM - At least 2 GB RAM for Windows XP / 3 GB RAM for Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Hard Drive - At least 30 GB of free space
- Drive - 8X or faster DVD drive (for installation only)
- Video Card - nVidia 8800 series 512 VRAM or better/Radeon HD3850 512 MB or better
- DirectX - DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Input - Keyboard and Mouse
- Game requires monthly fee and internet connection.
Modern & mythic elements.
Deep character customization.
Modern Earth environments.
Varied weapons and powers.